Thursday, March 6, 2008

WPJA Contest Winner!

Not only did I get a beautiful sample wedding album in today, and tonight is another episode of "Lost," but I also found out I placed 3rd in the emotion category of the WPJA contest! (Ok, so maybe the other two don't really match up, but all three just made this a fabulous day!) The image is from Lauren and Jesse's wedding last November, and I remember how I felt when I took it. I was on the verge of tears myself watching this father-daughter moment.

The judges comments: "I assume this is a bride with her father. The expression of bride’s love and the father’s show of emotion is straightforward and the photographer was right in the straight on position. The bride and her father (I assume) had the confidence in the photographer to be comfortable in displaying their emotions. This confidence of the subjects and the ability of the photographer to be in the correct position made this photograph possible."

Here is the image:


And, here is the link to the image in the contest gallery.

Thanks for looking!

-Jessica
Jessica Watson Photography

No comments: