Thursday, May 15, 2008

A fabulous day.

Yesterday (Thurs.) was fabulous, not because my littlest brother, Kevin, came back from S. Korea (he's in the Airforce), or that the weather was nice, or even because one of my best friends just found out she's pregnant, but because I felt content. I was in a great mood all day. While the boys and I were in a shop at PDX, waiting for Kevin to get off the plane, a woman handed her friend a Caribbean magazine and said she wished she was there right now. I smiled and thought to myself, "There is nowhere else I'd rather be right now." I'm happy and grateful for what I have in my life. I don't need to be on a beach far away because I'm with the people I love most in the world (except my other brother, who is serving just outside San Francisco. Oh, and my relatives in Ohio...and I can't forget my best friends in Georgia and Pennsylvania. Hope I'm not forgetting anybody. lol ). ;)

I love the airport...the smells, sounds, watching people see their loved ones. When I was in high school, I worked there as one of the people that says, "Mr. Johnson, Mr. Johnson, please report to a white paging telephone, and press zero for your message." It was fun. Anyway, here are some pics w/my point & shoot....

I'm listening to FOTC.

Waiting at the airport...


Noah running up when we first saw Kev...

He wouldn't let him go!

Calvin was shy, but Kev is so sweet Calvin took to him right away...



I dropped Kev off at his friend's house on Mt. Scott, which brought back old memories for me because we lived up there for a long time growing up, and I took these coming down the hill (be VERY careful taking pics while driving!).




Today (Fri.) is Kev's birthday, and he wanted to go downtown, so we took the boys to play at the waterfront. We got wet, but were dry in 10mins in the 95 degree heat!




Wow, a pic of me...sort of!


Stopped off for some juice and water...

Then back to play in the grass...


Look at those studs...


Have a great weekend!

~Jessica
Jessica Watson Photography

No comments: