Thursday, December 11, 2008

Surgery it is.

Well, after many weeks of physical therapy, the Dr. has decided to do surgery on my knee. The physical therapy definitely helped with my patella tendinitis, but not with my meniscus tear. They would have done surgery before, but the Dr. said my pain was coming from something else (the tendinitis), but once that went away, I could feel the meniscus tear and my physical therapist sent me back to the Dr.

So, the surgery is Tuesday morning, and I really don't know yet how long it will take to recover. They say I'll be able to walk on it that day, but that people don't go back to a desk job for a week or so, or an active job for several weeks. I've been working with knee pain since July, so I'm sure the surgery won't slow me down for long (hopefully).

In the meantime, I'm doing whatever I can to get albums ready, orders sent, and editing finished (oh, and a little house cleaning and xmas shopping done) before then. I will be checking my e-mail, and Spencer will fulfill orders if I cannot. I just won't be doing any shoots for a couple weeks.

Thank you for your patience an support!

~Jessica
Jessica Watson Photography

2 comments:

Unknown said...

good luck with the surgery! I know you'll have a speedy recovery, especially since you're so active! I work on disability claims and the active people seem to always recover the fastest from knee surgeries. :)

lucylu said...

Good luck!