Thursday, September 4, 2008

Fun new toy

Spencer and I attended the OneLight workshop a couple weeks ago (I'll eventually post some pics), and afterward Spencer, being the crafty guy he is, made a 10 degree grid for my Canon 580 EX out of cardboard and cocktail straws. I don't think you would know it wasn't an expensive grid without looking really closely. Here's a couple shots taken in my office that I thought were cute. Photographers, it's just direct, on camera flash, but we plan on using it for off camera flash, which I have some examples of from Dawn & Brian's Day After session, that I'll post later.

Noah was getting ready for bed when our fun distracted him...


If Spencer hadn't done a good job making it, it wouldn't have turned out perfectly round. ;)


If anybody would like to know how you can make your own grid (including other degree grids), feel free to e-mail!

~Jessica
Jessica Watson Photography

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool! Yes, I would love to learn how to make my own grid. These shots are so clever.