Tuesday, September 16, 2008

PWCL - Safety in Numbers

As many of you know, I was on the Board of Director's at PWCL until my term was up in June. I still support them, though, financially as well as photographically, and I volunteered to shoot their annual gala and auction on Friday at the Crystal Ballroom. I was very happy to see so many people supporting PWCL, and their cause, and am very proud to have been part of such a great organization. Besides, they have the most awesome items up for auction! Sadly, I didn't win anything this year, though.

Here's just a few photos from the evening...

I don't remember the band's name, but they were great...



The Executive Director, Rebecca Peatow-Nickels, speaking with Nick Fish...




Before Nick Fish became city commissioner, he was on retainer as PWCL's lawyer (for free!). I actually sat next to him during Betty Roberts' speech, and spoke with him for a few minutes (not while she was talking, of course), and he is a very nice guy.



They raised about $17,000 just during the 5 minutes or so of the live auction. It was awesome to watch people be so generous...


Betty Roberts was a great speaker. You should definitely check out her book...




Thanks for looking!

~Jessica
Jessica Watson Photography

No comments: