Monday, August 11, 2008

Lisa & Jason's Engagement

One of my best friend's since high school is 4 months pregnant and getting married in less than 2 weeks. So, I'm the matron of honor, photographer AND coordinator! But, Lisa's friendship means so much to me, that I was happy to fill all those roles. She has stuck by my side for many years, and through many ups and downs. Even when I became a mother, and she was a college student, having fun down at U of O, she never let our friendship slip away. She sent me mother's day cards every year, and attended the boys' birthday parties. She even filmed Calvin's birth at 4:03am on a Tuesday! I mean, I really don't need to say anything more to prove how amazing she is, and I'm so happy to finally get to share in motherhood and being married. She's found a great guy, and I can't wait to witness their marriage on the 24th.

Last night, after shopping all day for her wedding jewelry and a dress for me, we went downtown for their engagement session. Spencer was supposed to shoot with me, but he had a bachelor party to attend, so it was the three of us PLUS my two boys. On top of that, it was almost 8pm, and getting dark, but I'm still happy with what we got. Here's a few of my faves, and prepare for LOTS more pics of Lisa & Jason, and eventually the little one!

Oh yeah, the best thing about shooting your friends is that they have to do anything you ask! lol I didn't make them do too many weird things since she's pregnant, though. I'm not that crazy!

P.S. I did her makeup! I think she looks beauuutiful!






There's my Lisa...




Ooh, pretty colors...


We stopped off at her office to use the restroom, and get some water, and I saw this magnet on the fridge...


I loved the lines here...


Thanks for looking!

~Jessica
Jessica Watson Photography

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm so honored by what you wrote about me, Jess! I love you and your family, and I'm so excited to have you (and again, your wonderful family) be such a huge part of my wedding and pregnancy! You have been incredibly helpful even with how busy you are shooting weddings, engagement sessions, etc. multiple times a week. I love how our pictures turned out, but I already knew I would before I saw them...you have such a great eye for colors, texture, lines, etc. that it makes every picture interesting to look at! I know we'll be friends forever, BFF! : ) Much love for you, Jess!! ~Lisa

Anonymous said...

Jessica -

I really like your photos! You have a wonderful eye for interesting angles, backgrounds, colors that make memorable pictures. I'm looking forward to the wedding & the photos you'll take there.

Patti Flom (Lisa's Aunt)