Saturday, April 5, 2008

Artichoke Music


I met the fantastic guys at Artichoke Music (on Hawthorne) today. I shot some portraits of the owner, Richard, and his partner, Jim, for a national magazine, Music, Inc. I've walked/driven past that place so many times over the years, but never went in because I thought it was just a regular music store, but after going there today I realized it's so much more than that. True, they are a music store, and they have beautifully unique instruments on the walls in the front, but they also have a non-profit with rooms for private lessons, a stage in the back for show, and a community music room. I had so much fun photographing their impromptu little jam session, and will definitely be checking out some of the shows.

Thanks for looking! Have a great weekend!

-Jessica
Jessica Watson Photography

No comments: