Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Carlene & Doug ~ 06.14.08

In the very early morning hours (5am is VERY early to us!), my husband and I got up to shoot Carlene & Doug's fabulous 7:30am ceremony at the Vista House. I was honestly pretty nervous for about two weeks before the wedding, because ever since Calvin was born, I'm not as much of a morning person as I used to be. But, my husband was sweet enough to assist me...and he never muttered a word about how early we had to wake up, which made me love him all the more. Although the morning was hazy and windy, it turned out to be a beautiful day, and Carlene and Doug were such an awesome couple to work with, they totally made getting up that early worth it.

First, here's one of my favorite shots from their engagement session I didn't get a chance to blog...


Now for the wedding day...


Doug was up and ready for pictures at 6:20am!


They chose to see each other before the ceremony...



The inside of the Vista House is really beautiful...



And made for some cool shots...



Everybody looking wide awake!



Just down the road at the Portland Women's Forum...


The drive to the reception at Skamania Lodge...



By the time we got to Skamania, the haziness was gone, and everyone enjoyed a very delicious breakfast reception...







After everyone went to their rooms to nap, we kept Carlene and Doug for a quick shoot. The sun was right on top of us, but we worked with it!







Thanks for looking!

~Jessica
Jessica Watson Photography

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jessica,

Sadly, I was unable to attend Doug and Carlene's wedding as I live overseas. I have had a look at the photo's and they are awesome! I was literally stunned by how great they are. You really captured the scenery well and I love the black and whites. You have a gift behind the lense that's for sure. When I bring my entire family over to visit Doug and Carlene I'm going to book you to do some family photo's! Very well done indeed!

PJ Patterson